Improper Sitting can cause more ‘health problems’ than you imagine.
Our body is not designed for sitting long hours on the chair. Our hip, backbone, shoulder position, isn’t comfortable for long-duration seated on the chair, no matter how relaxed or supportive you have. The chair is not suitable for your back long sitting, and no chair can save you from detrimental effects on your bag back, especially if you are overweight or have weak bones.
Health issues with prolonged wrong posture appear minor in the initial stage like mild stiffness in the neck, back pain, or muscular pain. If this static laziness continued for years and combined with calcium deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, or other nutritional deficiencies and long-duration sitting and wrong posture cause irreversible damages to bone, muscles, and nerves.
HEALTH PROBLEMS AND DAMAGES
- Forward head posture
- Rounded shoulder posture
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lower back pain and deformity
- Degeneration of flat spine bones
- Exacerbating arthritis
- Musculoskeletal deformities
- Neck shoulder wrist pain and strain
- Screen vision syndrome
- Eyes strain problems
- Knee joint deformity
- Weak legs and back
- Nerve damages
OTHER HEALTH CONCERNS
Regular prolong sitting, more than 8 hours per day is very harmful, irrespective of posture. If linked with unhealthy, inadequate diet and lack of sufficient exercise, the outcomes may, low quality of life and severe lifestyle issues like
- Gastric problems
- Obesity and High BMI
- High blood sugar
- High cholesterol
- Blood circulation problems
- Increases risk of heart disease
- Increases risk of cancers
- other metabolic disorders and syndromes
IMPROVE YOUR SITTING POSTURE
- Sit on the chair at the end, with your lower back supported by the chair’s back support.
- If your chair’s lumbar support is not helping your lower back and has a gap between, put a small towel or small cushion between your lower back and back of your chair, it will also work as a support and avoid injury.
- Adjust chair height at the point, where your thighs parallel to the floor and your footwear entirely at rest on the floor, don’t hang on the chair.
- Always sit on a chair with your feet should be in proper position with thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Your forearms should also parallel with the floor when you work on a laptop or tablet.
- Your laptop or screen position should be at least two feet away from your eyes maximum of three and a half feet out.
- Height of the screen should be between your forehead and level of your lower chest.
- Apply 60 minutes 60 steps rule that after every 60 minutes of sitting and working. You have to stand, stretch, bend, spread, twist, and walk for 60 steps in 5 minutes break, together with this you also have to talk and walk for 10 minutes after every 3 hours sitting.
- Improve and improvise your work station or table in two parts, one for sitting properly and other is your standing work station, with hight of the lower level of the chest. Switch positions in every 2 to 3 hours.
- Change posture, positions, and even chair design will help avoid pressure injury on points affected by continuous pressure from time to time.
To overcome long duration sitting harmful effect for structural damage to your backbone and body daily practice some yogasana to recovery.
- Child pose
- Side plank
- High plans
Regular exercise and proper diet are equally important, discuss in another article.
Read the articles, calcium deficiency and osteoporosis.
For Online Health assistance, Detailed Case Study and Lifestyle Modifications by Expert Doctors, join our monthly plan “HEALTH TRANSFORMATION”