SCREEN TIME and SCREEN ADDICTION
Drastically prolonged screen time for knowledge, information exchange, social connections and entertainment causes many positive and negative changes in our life. Technology has boosted interactions, academic support, skill enhancement, entertainment, business needs, achieving your job goals and improving your skills. But we can’t ignore the worst side of prolong watching screens. It can cause many physical and mental health issues which can’t be ignored.
Real-world is not inside your 6.5 inches, 15 inches, 55 inches screen. A more important fact you should realise that our body is not designed to do it. Do take help from the latest gadgets, the internet, and social media but do not get addicted, surrender or lose. Always chatting or watching social media; internet games makes you stressed and emotionally unstable. Long duration use of screens can make you disconnected from Real-world, family and friends. Do not get dependent or addicted to screens or gadgets.
The question is, If Screens and the internet are bad, then why is it growing at full swift.
The answer, it is a digital financial ecosystem and the best source of knowledge.
- Internet use is beneficial for knowledge, interactions, latest updates, saving time, developing skills, and managing uncountable tasks, making our lives easy. It is a digital ecosystem that is making the world more manageable and more efficient.
- Still, it is connected with the economy and market cycle. Many internet media and advertisement companies increase their business with the internet’s help; yet, some are hijacking our thought processes.
- Marketing focused companies show you a supernatural vibrant colour world and getting their business and earnings from you. Getting amused by advertising can turn your thought process into buying more unnecessary costly items and cause an economic crisis for you.
- Most of the glittering advertisements and promotions of health supplements, fitness equipment, latest gadgets, and other luxury items on various internet platforms are fake, unrealistic and useless.
- Internet gaming addiction can give aggression, and restlessness can turn into real-life violence, risky antisocial behaviour. It is also awful for the growth and development of adolescent children.
- Children lose their valuable time to get more involved in gaming and their studies, food habits, sleep, physical activities, hobbies, social skills and behaviour badly affected.
- Over involvement on the internet, social media and gaming are very harmful to children can cause obesity, diabetes, depression, antisocial behaviour, unrealistic thoughts, suicide etc.
- Most viral internet social media videos are emotionally intense, controversial, politically motivated, polarising, toxic, Antisocial, sensational, or porn. Do not watch, share, like or follow any of these kinds of videos and viral things.
More than 3 hours of screen time (This limit is 2 hours for children and lifestyle disease victims) prominently can cause
- Dry eyes, ocular opacity or vision problems,
- Disturb biological clock or circadian rhythm,
- Insomnia or disturbed sleep,
- Digestion problems and constipation,
- Anorexia or low appetite,
- Confusion and irritation,
- Headache and neck pain,
- Anxiety and depression,
- Aggression or violent behaviour,
- Hallucinations and unrealistic thoughts.
It can further turn into significant health problems if you continue to overuse and addiction for years like
- Vision loss,
- Cardiovascular disease,
- Fatty liver,
- Kidney problems
- Respiratory problems,
On the other hand, overuse of the virtual social network decreases happiness or emotional stability. It only gives you false satisfaction with addiction. Social media addiction to get many online friends, likes, comments, followers, and popularity is not real or beneficial until you get some financial gains related to your business.
Uncontrolled continuous use of social media gives you mental and cognitive disturbances like
- Unreal thoughts,
- Baseless virtual comparisons,
- Gain-loss dilutions,
- Make false goals,
- Poor bonding in relations,
- Performance anxiety,
- Supernatural presentations,
- Fear to face real situations
- Bad temper,
- Mobile addiction and dependency,
- and depression.
HOW TO GET OUT FROM MOBILE AND NET ADDICTION
When you spend hours on screens without any needful or genuine cause, you are trapped in the business model system of social media. Use the internet and technology only for needful tasks like academic support, skill development, business growth and social information exchange.
Don’t be a part of IT companies’ productive and marketing cycles by losing your valuable time and health.
What changes can help
- Make a habit of exploring and understanding the reality of nature, family, emotions, success, health, society, economy, and humanity without gadgets.
- Make new habits and hobbies in which you use your creativity, time, ideas, innovations without gadgets.
- Develop a habit to face meeting, discussion and interaction with your family, friends or society.
- Start a habit to leave your mobile away from you. Better get it to switch off at least 90 minutes in the morning in your fitness, meditation and yoga session and for 90 minutes in the evening after dinner before going to bed.
- Start some new social activities in which you meet your friends and group members face-to-face, doing yoga, meditation, social discussion face-to-face, and spending time in the natural environment.
- Wi-Fi internet connection is secondary. Try to connect with yourself and your family members and friends, not by virtual means, but with feelings, sharing, meetings face-to-face, giving you real completeness, togetherness and sense of an individual.
- Involve yourself in real activity tasks of your interest and excitements, like safe adventure sports, visit coastal areas, sea beach, mountains and natural places at least once a year. These activities support overall physical, mental health and wellness.
- Make a habit of studying quality books for only 25 to 30 minutes daily. Learning books can develop your basic understanding of society, nature, family and humanity.
For Health assistance, Detailed Case Study and Lifestyle Modifications by Expert Doctors, join our monthly plan “HEALTH TRANSFORMATION”